Monday, June 29, 2015

My sewing week.

I started preparing June blocks for Natures Journey
& aside from stitching those i did little sewing for the week. Being out for the count 2 days with a migraine of course doesn't allow for anything whatsoever.

Saturday i traced these out
well on the left are Michelle's Gingies for a table topper & the right is Wendy's latest BOF stitchery. I hadn't planned on starting anything new but it's all Shez's fault i traced the Gingies out.

Sunday morning saw me sewing the 1-1/2" blocks together for NJ's last 2 blocks which i completed last night
Next on the list was to add borders to the 50th birthday quilt
Running out of time for anymore sewing as i was going to a linen party i put the borders on this Christmas stitchery by Natalie Bird
And a finish.... the borders of which i added yesterday also, the ribbon & buttons last night then framed it.
I turned Teresa's lovely binder pattern into a hanging. To finish my evening i added a few more stitches to this....
Another Natalie Bird Christmas stitchery.

Happy Stitching,






7 comments:

marina said...

lots of gorgeous sewing.
I think that set of blocks for NJ with the little squares are my favourite so far. Well done on your birthday quilt progress. Looks great!
Your framed stitchery looks very pretty and feminine too.
You got heaps done in spite of the migraine.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh my Jeanette you have some gorgeous projects there. Your special birthday quilt is looking wonderful! I love what you did with Teresa's pretty pattern...may be tempted to steal that idea! The Gingies will be happy to be getting another outing. Hope you enjoy stitching them. Poor you with those rotten migraines... hope you are better now xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette,wow you are on a roll,and i am very happy to lead you astray my friend,lol.
Oh i love what you have done with Teresa's pattern,it looks fantastic framed and your blocks are looking fantastic and i hope you are feeling better and that you are having a wonderful day xx

Chookyblue...... said...

your NJ blocks look great and beside the fact you had a migraine you have got lots done...........

Fiona said...

you have been so busy... love the look of your quilt and the colours in your NJ...
Hugz

Cheryl said...

I think you achieved quite a bit this week Jeanette despite your horrible migraine

Allie-oops Designs said...

So sorry to hear about the migraine - I used to get them something fierce, they're awful! But you sure got a lot accomplished, lovely stitching!

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...